Saturday, August 04, 2007

 

Heads and Toes

My recent completions are all hats and socks, with everything for the in-between body parts moving along slowly.
Here are two more colorways for the modified Beach Beanie shown with the green one I posted in April. All fit and are comfortable although I've actually been covering my bare head with bandanas more frequently. Very pirate-like and Carribean pirates are definitely "in" this Summer!
I'm sorry to admit that my other finished projects also lack originality, (but I'm happy with them all the same). Here are the latest Socks that Rock: Grasshoppers, knit to pattern, and Summer Solstice, with a rib added at the top.

Here's a sneak peak at things to come... a "candid" shot of my work area showing an unbelievable four projects cooking at once! Pyramids fair isle with a Guinness Book quantity of ends to be tucked, Coming and Going cardigan paused at the start of its sleeves, Playing with Fire cardigan which epitomizes my current color madness, and Mermaid Fingerless Gloves with a really cool thumb gusset, (doesn't show in this picture). More detail on those designs as they finish.
Also lurking with my active projects are four skeins of Lornas Lace, one of Fiesta and one of Cherry Tree Hill, all recently purchased. They're living in my sofa-based work space while I enjoy their newness and fantasize about possibilities... the usual mental activities that follow an episode of uncontrolled stash-building. They'll probably stay there until they get bumped by that Wollmeise order from last week. (I did use the word "uncontrolled"!)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?