Saturday, September 15, 2007

 

Doing My Part

One of my failings is being a little too closed, too private, too quiet, which gets to be, well, too boring. So, in an effort to work on that, I'm going to tell you one topic I feel strongly about. I also believe in taking "baby steps" to go somewhere new, so I'm going to start with something very safe :-) Metric. Why haven't we in the U.S. completely switched to metric yet? I think we all know enough about this already - I won't bore you with the arguments or the links to all the Web sites discussing the topic. I'm going to try to do my part. Here, on WormSoup, going forward, it will be all metric, all the time. Metric yardage, measurements, and needle sizes. Remind me if I forget, ok?? In knitting news, an update on The Rockin' Sock Club. I've finished the 2nd and 3rd pairs. The the first one pictured, in Silkie, I changed the instep to stockinette because I prefer a plain foot. The next picture, in STR Lightweight, I used the pattern's basic shape, but changed the cable into a simple rib, because I felt like doing a simple knit at that time. Both socks were knit on 2.5mm dpns.
Rockin' Sock Club 2007 - Walking on the Wild Tide Rockin' Sock Club 2007 - Firebird
Comments:
I just bumped heads with the USA big #1 vs. small #1 needle, so I hear you. Not quite ready to convert, but a few more run-ins like this one could flip me.

Could I request a link to a convenient conversion reference for us metric-challenged folks? If such a thing exists, that is.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?