Tuesday, September 04, 2007

 

Stitch Markers

I, too, am enjoying Cat Bordhi's book, New Pathways for Sock Knitters. I have my first project all planned out. It will be the Coriolis pattern in Wollmeise for my daughter.

I've swatched, so I thought I was ready to go, but then Wendy posted the stitch markers she found on Etsy. Stitch markers?? I can make those. My daughter must have lettered beads, I have quite a collection of fancy beads, put those together with a bit of string or wire, and I should be all set, right?

Wrong, of course. We had lettered beads, but they were too large. Went to the store to buy beads. Right there next to the beads were special wires with stoppers at the end, had to have those, too. At the end of the day, my "simple, free, stitch markers", ended up costing:

Stitch Markers

My conclusion? I really like my little markers, but the stitch markers on Etsy look like a great value now!!


Comments:
I'm sure the Etsy markers are a great value, but no one has a set of markers like yours! I think they're lovely. Wanna help me make a set?? :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?